Wednesday 30 March 2016

March Glossybox


I recently signed up to receive a Glossybox every month. I thought this would be a way for me to try new brands and products.The boxes are £10 each and you receive 5 products to try. I know it's another thing I've subscribed to but it just means I have to buy less food out now to replace the money! I was so pleased when I received March's box, it did not disappoint!

The first product I loved was the Hey Honey Honey Silk Facial Serum. This is a brand I haven't heard of before. The product is really lightweight and non-greasy which makes it really compatible with my skin type. A little goes a long way and it sinks in really really quickly! The product smells so lovely as well. I may have to purchase the full size version now!


Another product is the So Susan Light Diffuser. This is an illuminator and bronzer duo. It's made with cocoa and both powders smell like chocolate! (heart eye emoji). Both products are really lovely, they both blend really well. The bronzer is matte, which I love about it because I'm all for matte bronzers over shimmery ones! The colour is great for my skin tone and the illuminator adds a lovely highlight. Another product I'm really impressed with!

Also in the box are the 417 CatharsisVitamin Mineral Shampoo and Conditioner samples. These are the only products in the box which let me down! These retail at about £17 each in the UK for the full size version so I was hoping for good things! The shampoo really doesn't lather well in my hair, I had to use loads of product in the end. The smell is nice but quite subtle. The conditioner is pretty runny and again I had to use a lot of the product and even then I didn't get the same result I get from my usual conditioner. I'm pretty disappointed with these.


My favourite product in the box was the Luxie 504 Large Angled Brush. Firstly. look how pretty it is!! I love the rose gold detailing which will go so well with my other brushes. I have a Zoeva one very similar to this but you can never have enough brushes! right? I've been using this to apply the So Susan bronzer, and it fits nicely into the hollows of my cheeks. The brush feels lovely and soft and there is no sign of bristle fall out! I definitely will be purchasing some more of these!

The last product in the box was the Olay Regenerist Skin Tone Perfecting Cream. I've only used this once so I'm undecided about this product. It claims to fade the look of discoloration, even skin tone and provide a bit of a glow to the skin. It definitely provided a nice glow on my face, however, I don't feel it really even's out my skin tone or fades any discoloration! Maybe I didn't apply enough product. Anyhow, it still feels nice on the skin and provided a nice base for my foundation!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig