Wednesday 7 September 2016

Goals for September


September marks the start of the new school year. This month I'm going back to uni for my 3rd and final year of Adult Nursing. I find that setting goals helps me to stay focused so I thought I would share some with you guys!

Write a schedule and stick to it- I find keeping a schedule of what needs to be done on each day keeps me focused and on task. I always start writing these at the start of the academic year but they fizzle out after a while. I'm determined to stick to them this year!

Bake more- I think this goal is inspired by the Bake Off which has recently started. I love baking, I really don't know why I don't do it more! I find it a great way to relax and channel some creativity, and I really like sweet treats!

Stick to meditating every day and find more ways to control my anxiety- I recently completely lost control of my anxiety and am having regular anxiety attacks. I was prescribed some anti-depressants for it which help a bit, but I don't want to rely on them forever. I didn't find counselling much help and so I started meditating using the Calm app. I find this really helps calm me down when I'm feeling anxious and panicky. It also helps me sleep a bit better as well. I signed up to the monthly subscription which is pretty expensive but as it helps me it is so worth it! I would definitely recommend it!

Start building my Autumn wardrobe- I seem to be purchasing more summer clothes in the sales when I should really be starting to add to my Autumn wardrobe! I can't wait for burgundy pinafores, black booties and cute coats!

Start exercising more- I really lack motivation to exercise. I know I should, but most of the time I really can't be bothered! As exercising is a good way to release endorphins and improve your mood and health it's important to take some time out of your day to do some. I'm going to start encouraging family walks, introduce a new workout video into my life and start to go for a few run's a week. I've bought new work out clothing so there's no excuse ha ha!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig