Monday 21 March 2016

Relaxation



As a student nurse with a part time job relaxing is a vital part of my week. I'm always stressing about something, and having bouts of anxiety are part of my daily routine. Relaxing improves your mood, your sleep, your physical and your mental health, so it's really important to fit time in for it!

One of my favourite ways to relax is with the 'Calm' app. It takes you through 'days of calm' to teach you about different ways of being mindful and to meditate. I usually do ten minutes of this before bed to unwind to. I also love how you can change the background of your meditation session to whatever calming scene you want. I also find it really calming to watch the moving scene's when I'm feeling extra anxious, like when I'm the tube.




My next favourite way to wind down is by reading, watching series or films, and stuffing my face with comfort food. Diving into a book or series help me to forget about the outside world for a while. Candles are also a good idea to add as well!




Doing yoga is my favourite way to exercise. It's not only relaxing but really good for you. The breathing techniques are good for relaxation and all the stretching and bending is good exercise. The best thing about it is that you can do it indoors! I like going for a run but there's no way I'm going to do it in the cold! 




Reading and completing interactive books is also something I find helps improve my mood and take my mind off of things for a bit. I love a good list, i write a few every week! The Calm book was created by the people who also created the app. It has several sections that focus on different aspects of daily life and how you can be mindful in each aspect, it's a really good read! 



The last thing I find relaxing is colouring. It's childish, but we all know adults are doing it now too! It's so distracting and I feel so satisfied when I finish a picture and it looks all pretty! There are so many different one's to choose from as well,


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig