Tuesday 28 February 2017

New Make-up Tries from the Drugstore


It's been quite a while since I have had a little splurge in Boots and Superdrug, so one drizzly weekend day a few weeks ago I decided to go on one. There have been a few new releases that have looked really good, so I decided to pick some of them up to try!

The first one was the L'Oreal False Lash Superstar X Fiber Mascara. I love the concept of this mascara. It's has a duo wand, one side for lengthening and defining the lashes, and the other contains small fibres to add volume to the lashes in a natural way. This mascara is amazing! It does everything you could want a mascara to do. It creates am amazing false lash look, without the hassle of them! You could use either wand alone to create a different look as well. The fibres are so natural, and make lashes look so full. At £10.99 for essentially two mascaras, I think this is a bargain.


Another new release was the L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Concealer Palette. I've never had a concealer palette, and seeing as I was going through a bad skin phase I decided to try it. I apply the green shade to any redness, the purple to counteract my dark circles, and then I use a skin tone concealer on top of this. The green and purple shades are slightly tricky to blend, but the other three blend in really nicely. The palette provides really good coverage, and at £12.99 it's not too pricey.


Another amazing new release from L'Oreal is the Infallible Eye Paint. I picked up one in the shade Khaki. I thought I would try a slightly different colour to one that I would usually go for. This is a lovely olive colour with gold shimmer running throughout. The product itself is so pigmented, creamy, and blends so well.The colour lasts all day without creasing, and dries super quick. This is such a lovely colour for dark eyes! I want every shade in these! 

Carrying on with eyeshadows, I picked up a Max Factor Excess Shimmer pot in Copper. This is a lovely cream eyeshadow, similar to the maybelline colour tattoo's, but this one is much creamier, and feels nicer on the eyelids. This colour is a rose gold shade, which I really love. Such a go to shade! The shadow blends in so well, and has really good staying power!

A new release from Maybelline is the Brow Precise Fiber Filler. This has the same concept as the L'Oreal X Fiber mascara. This works so well at making brows look so full and fluffy, while keeping all the hairs in place. The wand of this one is slightly strange, and maybe slightly big, so you have to try and be quite steady and precise with it. Another new product I love however!

Another product from Maybelline is the Master Precise Skinny Gel Eyeliner. Admittedly, I had high hopes for this product as I've never really got on with gel eyeliners before. This is the only product that I found disappointing! It's basically a kohl eyeliner, but one that screws up. It wasn't very precise at all, and you cannot sharpen it either!


I also picked up a palette from MUA called Starry Night. This has got some bright colours in which I liked the look of for spring! I love the MUA palettes, they are such good value for money. They are fairly pigmented, and blend really well. I'm looking forward to trying this palette!

The last product I purchased was the Natural Collection Blush in Sugar Plum. This is a lovely brown toned blush. I only really like brown toned blushes as I find they suit my skin tone better than others. The powder blends well and gives a really natural shade to the cheeks. It was an absolute bargain at £1.99!


 Top- Bottom= Max Factor Excess Shimmer Shadow in Copper, L'Oreal Infallible eye paint in Khaki, Natural Collection Blush in Sugar Plum.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig