Tuesday 21 June 2016

Real Techniques Bold Metal Brushes Dupe's



I have been wanting the whole Real Technique's Bold Metal Collection since it was released. I only own the 300 brush which is the rose gold tapered end brush, as they are so expensive and I can't really justify spending £25 on one make-up brush! I'm always checking the bestsellers beauty section on Amazon and these brushes appeared! Firstly, they look EXACTLY the same as the Real Techniques one's and for only £5 for the whole set (currently reduced to £3) I thought I would try them out.

The delivery was super quick and they came within three days. I've tested each of these brushes out and although they probably won't be as of good quality as the Real Techniques ones they still do a really good job and look super pretty. I have had no fall out of bristles so far, and none look like that will happen any time soon. They all feel so so soft on the skin and I really enjoy using them.





I used the largest gold one to apply my foundation with, I've always wanted to try applying foundation with a really large fluffy brush. This really did blend the product in so nicely and the end finish looked no different to what it would be like if I had used any of my branded brushes.

I used the smaller gold one for applying concealer around my nose and under my eyes. The tapered end really helps with getting into the creases around the nose area and again it blended the product in really well the same as any of my other brushes would. 

The tapered rose gold brush I used to apply blush to the apples of my cheeks, I probably won't use this brush for blusher again as because I don't think it's big enough to apply blusher with and it tended to apply the pigment to one area and not blend very well. This is my fault as I have the Real Techniques original one of this which I usually use for bronzer so I thought I would try it for something new! Won't do that again.

The rose gold coloured contour brush I used to apply the contour to my cheek bones with. I had to sort of pinch the end a little bit as I like my contour to be quite precise and the bristles aren't as together as they could be (if that makes sense). It applied nicely with this technique and gave me the look I wanted.

My second favourite I used was the silver eyeshadow brush. I love getting eyeshadow brushes that hold all the pigment on top and blend it in well, this one did just that! It didn't feel scratchy at all when I blended the eyeshadow on my eyelid and held onto the pigment until applied to my eyelid.
The silver crease brush fitted nicely into my crease and really blended my eyeshadow out nicely, it was just as good as the eyeshadow brush. 

The only brush I really didn't like was the liner brush. I could probably try this as a brow brush and I might like it more if I tried that. However, when trying to apply the gel liner it just wasn't precise enough on my lid. The bristles just aren't close enough together which gives a not very neat liner look. I also found that this one didnt really pick up the product very well.

Overall, these are an amazing set of brushes and for £5 an absolute bargain! If you fancy testing these out the link is here.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig