Friday 21 August 2015

Lush Haul



A few days ago I decided to go into Lush, I originally only went in for some new bath bombs as I had completely run out! With me unfortunately that's never the case though, sigh.
I bought 2 things for the bath, 4 facial products, a scrub, and a shampoo.

The scrub I bought is the Ocean Salt scrub. This is a facial and body scrub. It says on the packaging 'Lashings of fine sea salt to scrub and clean, organic limes to brighten and avocado butter to soften your skin'. I've been in need of a good scrub since my last soap and glory one ran out. I much prefer salt scrubs to sugar scrubs as I find they are more harsh and work better on my skin. The scrub smells fresh and a bit fruity. Due to the avocado butter it also left my skin feeling really soft and smooth.

I have been wanting to try the 'Big' shampoo from lush for a while now after hearing so many things about it. I love wavy beachy hair and the texture of it, and I can absolutely say this product does it all. On the packaging it says 'Sea salt shampoo to give your hair lift and volume, make it easy to get a comb through and smell great for hours'. In the tub this shampoo does smell a little strange but after I washed my hair with it my hair smelled lovely. I was a bit worried that this would dry my hair out because of all the salt, but it really didn't. My hair was soft and shiny after using this and it felt more textured and wavy. This is definitely my new favourite shampoo!


For my face I picked up the Tea Tree Water, which is a facial toner. It says 'Tea tree is a wonder antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial ingredient for anyone with oily or spot prone skin'. I really wanted to try a new toner. I use the Pixi Glow Tonic before bed but I felt I needed a non exfoliating toner for the morning. I asked the sales assistant in the shop and she recommended this one to me. I've only used it a few times so far so I can't really say that it's made a huge difference just yet. However, it hasn't broken me out and it does feel really lovely on the skin. I use about 3 sprays onto a cotton pad and wipe it all over.

Next, I purchased Grease Lightening. This is a spot treatment for just dabbing on individual spots. I'm always up for trying a new spot treatment! I'm currently using the Body Shop's tea tree gel but I've almost used it all up! This one is the same sort of thing, but there is a lot more product! The packaging says 'Dab on this super effective tea tree and witch hazel gel to zap zits before they show themselves. I've used this a few times and I would definitely say it gets rid of spots pretty quick and reduced redness.

Since running out of my Lush Cupcake face mask I've needed a new one, I needed one that specifically targets outbreaks as I already have a clay mask and a hydrating mask. I picked up the Mask of Magnaminty, which claims to fight eruptions and outbreaks.This is a mask for face and body, which I thought was pretty good!  I wouldn't use this mask on a regular basis, only when I had outbreaks as it's a tiny bit drying. It's got a lovely minty scent and this particular mask you don't have to keep in the fridge like the rest.


As I was buying a face mask, the sales assistant suggested I try the Tea Tree Toner Tabs. She suggested popping one into a hot bowl of water and steaming my face before I used the face mask. This is to open your pores so that the face mask can work to its full potential. I haven't used these yet but I love the concept of them and can't wait to try them out!


Lastly, I bought a Dragon's Egg bath bomb and a Creamy Candy bubble bar. The Dragon's egg is my favourite Lush product ever, it smells absolutely amazing! It smells really sweet and fruity,like lemon sherbet. It releases orange colours, then popping candy and then glitter, it's great!
Creamy candy is another one of my favourite's. It smells sweet like candy floss, and after I've used this my skin feels so soft! I also love the amount of bubbles this creates.
What are your lush favourites? :-)


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig