Saturday 10 December 2016

High-end and Drugstore Makeup Haul


I seem to have been gathering a lot of make-up at the moment, with all the sales that have been going on I just couldn't help myself. I absolutely love purchasing make-up, it makes me super happy having new products to try out!


I made a few cheeky Debenhams purchases a few weeks ago. Mainly because I really wanted to try the Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator out. It just looks so pretty! I love extra highlighter in the winter to add some life to my skin. I purchased it in the shade Gilded Honey. It did not disappoint, it's such a beautiful product. Firstly, it looks absolutely stunning in the packaging. The product blends really well, and isn't an overly glittery highlight. It is a really deep gold colour, my favourite shade of highlighter.

As I was purchasing the Laura Geller Illuminator, I thought I would purchase a couple other bits. One of them was the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. I've heard a lot of good things about this eyeliner. I only own a Nars eyeliner that is a high-end liner, so I thought it would be nice to have another. The brush end of the eyeliner is one that I haven't seen before. This one doesn't have a felt tip end like others, it has fibers, and is similar to a lip liner brush. This eyeliner stays in place all day, it's super easy to apply, and doesn't smudge at all. 


The last product I purchased from Debenhams was the trusty Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This is my third tube of this and I will forever repurchase it. It's such a good product for keeping your eyeshadow in place, not letting it crease, and helping eyeshadow to look a more vibrant colour. I love the applicator of this one, my old one is in a squeezy tube, so this one is much nicer to apply, and saves some of the product. 



Beauty Bay recently had a 30% off sale, so I took full advantage and purchased some skin-care and make-up items. I purchased the LA Girl PRO Concealer. I purchased this one in the second lightest shade. I'm so impressed with how well this actually conceals, considering I bought it for about £2. I love the brush applicator and how well it blends. This is more for blemishes as the shade is pretty dark and is probably too much of a thick consistency for the under eye area.

I also purchased two Spectrum make-up brushes. I got the precision crease brush, and the large fluffy shader brush. I have lots of eyeshadow brushes, I keep buying them mainly because I'm too lazy to wash them so regularly, so having a lot is essential- haha. The crease brush is a little flatter than I would have liked, so I will probably use this as a shader brush. Both are extremely soft and good all round eyeshadow brushes. 



 From the drugstore I recently picked up two of the Rimmel lipsticks. I purchased them on different occasions and funnily enough they are VERY similar shades. The one on the left is one of the new The Only Matte Lipsticks in the shade Leader of the Pink. It's a lovely light pink shade. The one thing I will say about these lipsticks is that they have a funny smell, almost like a hair dye smell, which puts me off a little bit. They are very matte however, without being drying.

I also purchased a Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 101. This is a slightly lighter pink than the matte one. It's a very creamy and moisturising lipstick. I really enjoy using the Kate Moss lipsticks as they are such good value for money.


Also from Rimmel I purchased the Magnif'Eyes Eye Conturing Palette. These are a pretty new release and this one is the Grunge Glamour Palette. These shadows are really pigmented and creamy. They blend in really well, and don't have a lot of fallout. The shades in this palette are really lovely for creating a smoky look. I don't have a palette too similar to this one, and it was such a bargain at £7.99.

The last thing I purchased from Rimmel was the Scandaleyes Reloaded mascara. I really didn't need another mascara, but I can't deny myself a new drugstore release that looked this good. The brush is huuggeee. This is a really volumising mascara that doesn't clump and smudge on the under eye area. It's not as lengthening as I would have liked but still a really good drugstore mascara.


Lastly, I purchased the Ardell Demi Wispies eyelashes. These are just my favourite pair of lashes ever. They are so fluttery, apply really easily, the strip is the perfect length for my eyes, and they look as natural as fake eyelashes can look!


Top-Bottom= 3x shades from the Rimmel Magnifeyes palette, Laura Geller Illuminator in Gilded Honey, Rimmel The Only Matte Lipstick in Leader of the Pink, Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 101.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig