Tuesday 4 August 2015

July Favourites



I think this has been the fastest year of the month to go by so far! It feels like I've blinked and July has passed.
Firstly, this month I have been LOVING the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I'd never used a sponge for applying my foundation or concealer before and I thought it was about time I saw what the hype was about. I've seen everyone rave about the beauty blender but I wanted to try something a bit cheaper first to see if I got on with it. This sponge is brilliant, it blends foundation so well into my skin and it feels like i need less foundation when I use the sponge. It is particularly amazing for blending concealer with the pointy end onto blemishes. I've heard you can use this sponge wet to apply foundation and that this works better as the foundation doesn't absorb into the sponge as much, so I have yet to try that!

Next I have really been liking the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream. The smell of this product is divine (heart eye emoji), it has a really sweet lime fragrance with hints of kiwi. This is such a nice luxurious feeling moisturiser, it's thick and creamy and leaves your skin feeling so soft. The only negative to this product is that it takes quite a long time to sink in which isn't great if you don't have time to wait around for it to sink in before getting dressed. It's by far the nicest moisturiser I've ever used though.

My favourite lipstick of the month has to be MAC's Velvet Teddy. I've been wearing this so much this month paired with MAC's Whirl lip liner, This is one of MAC's matte lipsticks and unlike my MAC Ruby Woo this one isn't drying at all! The shades go so well with a bronzey eye and make my lips look so much fuller. Also, this lipstick on top of Whirl seems to stay on for such a long time even through eating and drinking! I highly recommend it!

I've seen a lot of people on Instagram using pretty colouring books as a way of de-stressing. I stress about everything all the time so I thought I would give this a go to see if it helped. I got my Enchanted Forest book from Amazon here. This book has got such amazing illustrations and I found it really does help you relax, so if you have trouble with stress there are loads of these books around to buy!

My last favourite is the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. This spray adds so much texture and volume to my hair and leaves it beachy and wavy. I find that it works best for me if i apply it to wet hair and scrunch it up a bit and then blow dry it. You can use it on dry hair but I have to use quite a lot of the product before I feel that it starts to create the waves. This spray can dry your hair out quite a lot if you over use it, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to people who already have dry ends. However, this spray works really well for my hair and I can't wait to take this on holiday with me!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig