Friday 31 July 2015

A Little Trip To London

Last week I visited my boyfriend in London, I went from Sunday until Tuesday and I had a really nice time.
When I arrived on the Sunday we went to the London Dungeons which was pretty good! It's like a moving show, you go from one room to the next and in each room you learn a little bit about London's dark history. I didn't think it was toooo scary, but I did jump quite a few times and squeal (ha ha). A lot of the time the room's would go pitch black and the villains creep up on you! Sadly you aren't allowed to take photo's while inside the dungeons so I don't have any to post!

On the Monday Adam went to work and I decided to use the time wisely by going shopping! I went to Westfield mall which is really close to where I was staying. Even when the mall opened at 10am it was still pretty busy! I bought some new make up which I included in my last blog post and I took a trip to Forever 21 because there isn't one anywhere close to where I live! I always find they have the prettiest clothes in there for such a good price. I picked up a lovely bell sleeved blouse which I am in love with! I love the crochet detailing on the sleeves. I also picked up some wine coloured flats, some dainty little necklaces, and a pretty underwear set, which was such a bargain!
After my shopping trip I went to The British Museum which is in Great Russell street near Holborn. It was huuuugggeeee and by far one of the best museums I've been to! I'm a bit of a sucker for museums I find them so interesting!(nerd alert) I was in there for about two hours and I still don't think I saw everything there was to see! There are ten different departments in the museum such as Europe, Antiques and treasures, Middle East etc. When you walk into the museum the main circle in the centre is just beautiful!  The museum didn't just have British treasures in and Britain is just one of the ten departments. My favourite room was probably the Egyptian room, I found all the mummies and sarcophagus's fascinating!






When I finished up at The British Museum I then went to the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. I really didn't think I was going to enjoy looking round this gallery as i'm not a very Arty person and I thought I would find it a bit boring! However, I enjoyed looking round so much! I even preferred looking round the National Gallery to the British museum. All the paintings were huge and had a description next to them of who they were created by and what they were about, I loved going round and finding out what each painting was about. There were paintings from the famous artists;Van Gogh, Monet, and Picasso. 




Also, both of these places were free to go into which is always a bonus! I would definitely recommend visiting them both if you're going to London :)






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig