Tuesday 17 May 2016

A Little Drugstore Haul


Over a few trips to Boots I've gathered a few bits to share with you guys. Boots haul's are my fave, I have £24 saved on my Boots card now, which makes me super happy!


L'Oreal is one of my favourite drugstore brands. Their products never disappoint and feel more expensive than they are. I have been in need of a new eyeliner since my trusty Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner has been on it's way out. I picked the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim here up after hearing Fleur De Force mention it a couple of times. It's actually a really good product. The end gives such a precise line and flick. It's one of the easiest pen liner's I have used. It comes out jet black, dries quickly and lasts all day.


Another L'Oreal product I picked up is the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Max Lipstick here. I have the shade 01- Silencio. It's a light nude pink shade. These lipsticks are pretty fascinating. One end of the stick has the coloured powder in and the other has the sponge applicator. This applies really well and precisely thanks to the pointed sponge, and the colour is very pigmented. It looks lovely and matte. Due to the formula being a powder the colour doesn't last all day,but it does last a good few hours before a top up is needed. I would definitely purchase more of these as I love the concept.

The last L'Oreal product I picked up was the True Match Foundation here. After hearing Freddy My Love rave about this product I had to try it. The colour range of this foundation is so vast I had to find my trusty Rimmel Match perfect shade in the store and find the closest one in the L'Oreal range. Golden Ivory was the shade I chose. This foundation is pretty good. It gives a lovely luminous glow and blends really nicely. I do find that it sometimes can look a bit drying on my forehead and I seriously have to moisturise that area before using this foundation. It lasts all day and even though it's glowy it doesn't make you look greasy. 


T-B= L'Oreal True Match Foundation, L'Oreal Matte Max Lipstick in 01, L'Oreal Super Liner in Black.


T-B= NYX Illuminator in Sunbeam, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen, Nyx Liquid Suede Lipstick in Tea and Cookies.

The next lot of products I picked up were from the new NYX stand. I was so excited when my local boots finally got one of these stands as it makes it so much easier to decide on shades rather than struggling by ordering them offline!

I picked up another Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Copenhagen here. Copenhagen is a deep berry colour. After loving other shades in this range I had to pick up another. They are so pigmented and the colour lasts such a long time. They don't feel drying and dry matte within a few minutes. The only problem I find is that it's quite hard to apply this precisely with the wand applicator but that's something I'll have to improve for myself.

Another lip product from NYX is the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick here. I picked it up in the shade Tea and Cookies. It's a gorgeous light pink with brown undertones. The only difference between this line and the Soft Matte Cream line is that they dry to a slightly different texture. These ones almost look like velvet on your lips. I find this one is slightly more pigmented that the Soft Matte Lip Cream too. 

The Last product from NYX I picked up was the Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator here. I picked up the shade Sunbeam. This is a lovely light pink highlight. One thing I will say about this is that it is VERY shimmery, and almost glittery. I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. I find it a little difficult to blend in as nicely as a powder. However it does look gorgeous straight out the tube.


I picked up one of the Rimmel London Sculpting Palette in the 002 shade. Here. This is such a handy palette to have for on-the-go makeup. The pigmentation of the products is just right. I hate a really strongly pigmented blush and this one is just right. The blush is a lovely coral shade, which is lovely for the summer. The bronzer is slightly too light for me as I like a slightly darker bronzer, but it's still lovely and blends really nicely. The highlight is also really lovely and quite similar to  The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer.


The last product I have recently picked up from Boots is the Barry M Mani Mask in the shade Bashful. You can find it here. This is a nail treatment to camouflage, colour and condition. I've only used this once but the colour is very sheer. Not very pigmented at all and is almost clear. I'm not sure this product made much difference to my nails but I will give it another go!

Amber xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig