Wednesday 20 April 2016

April Glossybox


After how good lasts month's Glossybox was this one had a lot to live up to. It came with 4 full size products and one travel size.  Again, the presentation of the box is lovely and is so exciting to open!


The product I was most looking forward to trying was The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil. With a few drops it claims to give you a radiant and nourished complexion. However, I found I needed about 6 drops to cover my whole face and it sunk in so quickly it didn't really feel like it did anything! The scent is really overpowering as well. It did give me a little bit of moisture but didn't really give me a glow. So let down with this one :(


The next product is an Essence Compact Powder, which is for a natural finish. Now if you don't like shimmery bronzers then you won't like this one as it is VERY shimmery. This one is definitely not for contouring, but it does create a lovely all over glow when used with a big fluffy brush.


The Leighton Denny Miracle Mist was another product I received. I've had speed drying nail varnish sprays in the past that have been rubbish so I was looking forward to trying this one. I'm not sure if it was because I applied 3 coats of polish but this spray did not make the slightest bit of difference to how fast my nails dried. I sprayed them all twice. Another disappointing product. I'll carry on sticking to my Seche Vite top coat when I need polish to dry fast!


This one was a bit of a strange product for young adults- Styl London Transfer Tattoo's. To be fair I probably will test them out, but it's a little bit unsatisfying to get them in a beauty box as one of your 5 products. They are white henna style tattoo's. I'm might try and use them to find a location for my first tattoo as they are pretty small and so the size I would like.


The last product is The Studio 10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner. I like the fact that this is double ended with one being the brow shader and the other being a brow highlight. The packaging feels sleek and pretty nice. The colour suits my brows, and with a light hand fills them in nicely. The formula of the brow shader is nice and creamy. The highlighter doesn't blend very well, so it's best to apply it very lightly. A product I would definitely re-purchase.

Overall I was quite disappointed with this month's box. 3/5 of the products I probably won't use :(
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig