Thursday 3 September 2015

Summer Reads


Over summer I always do lots of reading. I went away for a week and took some books and I've been reading a lot before bed recently too. 
The first book I've read over summer has been Gone Girl. I watched this in the cinema when it first came out and I didn't really know what to make of it. I always prefer the book to the film in these situations so I decided to give the book a go. If you don't know what it's about, basically it's about a woman who goes missing but she isn't actually missing, she's plotting revenge on her husband. The book is so gripping I couldn't put it down, it was definitely better than the film, I loved it!

The next book I read was The Beginning of Everything. This book is about a boy who goes through a few tragedies in one day and then he meets a girl who changes things for him. I'd heard the book was a lot like John Green's books, but it really wasn't, which was disappointing!  I'm not sure if I liked this one or not! It was very slow in parts and the ending wasn't what I was expecting at all, but I know it had a lot of good reviews on Amazon! This was probably my least favourite book I read over summer.

My favourite book I read over summer is definitely The Girl On the Train. It was AMAZING. The whole story line is great, and so gripping! It's about a woman who commutes everyday to work, she passes the same couple on the train everyday and one day she sees something that changes everything. I really didn't expect the ending but it was brilliant. I love thriller books like this.

I also read To Kill a Mockingbird. I never read this at school and I have heard so many mixed reviews about it, and with a second one coming out I decided to read it. This was such a strange book.  It's about race and class in the 1930's, with the main theme about a black man who is charged with rape. When I first started reading it I thought the story line at first was going to be more about Boo Radley who lives in this creepy house near the children, but a quarter of the way through it changes direction onto another topic. The ending was a little disappointing too. 

Amazon suggested We Were Liars for me to read based on other books I had bought on there. To sum it up it's about a girl and her cousins who go on holiday every summer to Beechwood Island, but one year a tragedy happens and things aren't the same. It's about mystery, friendship and love. The book is so cleverly written and the ending is so shocking, I really didn't expect it coming! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig