Sunday 24 January 2016

My Favourite Beauty Tools


Beauty tools, we all use them. They make life that little bit easier and some do pretty cool things!
I didn't want to include all my favourite brushes as I'm doing a post on my everyday make up routine soon which will include them all in!

I really enjoy using my Olay Regenerist 3 point cleansing system. It makes exfoliating so much easier. It also removes dirt, make up and really works cleanser/face wash into your skin. The brush has 2 speed settings and spare heads can be purchased when needed. If your looking for a budget version of the Clarisonic brush I would definitely recommend this one. After using it my skin feels fresh and smooth, a must to include in your facial routine!

Dry brushing is something that has only recently come into my life. I read about it a while ago on a blog and thought the reasons for dry brushing sounded pretty worth while and so I invested in one. I bought this one from Superdrug here for £4.99! Dry brushing helps to unclog pores and get rid of any toxins in the skin. The idea is to always brush in circular motions and towards your heart. Some of the benefits of this include exfoliating and removing dead skin, stimulating your lymphatic system and blood flow which aids the removal of toxins, and it helping to reduce cellulite. What's really handy about it is the fact that the head can be removed so that its easier to brush the parts of your body that you can reach. I sometimes get tiny little bumps on my back and since using this brush they have completely gone!



I find brush cleaning such a chore. It used to take me ages to try and work my Mac brush cleanser through all 30 of my brushes. But since I've been using a brush cleaner tool and shampoo it's been so much quicker to do! Firstly, the Mac brush cleanser is pants and secondly, this tool helps to really work the shampoo into the brush and lather it up. I would really recommend one of these to help speed the process up!

My favourite tool for applying foundation and concealer at the moment is the Real Techniques Complexion Sponge. It makes foundation look so natural and flawless. I prefer using the sponge wet as it gives such a dewy foundation look. The flat side and pointed side also really help with getting to awkward places on the face. I really like using the pointed end for dabbing concealer over blemishes, it blends the concealer on top so well!


I recently invested in a Jade Facial Roller. I've done a lot of reading on them and they are supposed to support blood flow and lymph system drainage which is supposed to help expel toxins from your skin. It has the same sort of effects as the dry brush but on the face. The roller helps to tone facial muscles and help eliminate puffy areas. The smaller end of my roller is great for aiding in getting rid of my under eye circles. You use it by applying a tiny bit of pressure and rolling from the inside of your face towards the outside on clean skin. It's really important to use it on clean skin as you are just rolling any existing dirt around your face!

My last favourite beauty tool is the Scholl Electronic Pedicure Foot File. It might seem like an odd one but I really like to have smooth feet! Being a student nurse, not being allowed to have nail varnish and having constantly dry hands means I like to make up for this and have nice feet! The file is really good at buffing away any hard skin and leaving you with soft lovely skin. I got this file in a set with other Scholl foot products and was impressed by them all, would definitely recommend Scholl foot products!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© My lovely little blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig